About Podiatry, Chiropody and Clinical Biomechanics
Podiatrists and Clinical Biomechanical specialists analyse the movement of the foot and ankle during motion, correcting the anatomical relationship between the different segments of the foot, often prescribing orthotics (custom made insoles) to achieve this.
At consultation a complete medical history will be taken and both a functional assessment and gait analysis will be carried out. Where custom orthotics are required casts are taken of the feet so that an exact fit can be achieved and these sent to a laboratory to be made professionally.
Podiatrists also assess and treat foot ailments, from problems such as verruccas to deformity. They monitor and manage foot problems and deformities caused by diseases such as Rheumatoid Arthritis, as well as advising and treating patients at high risk of foot problems such as people who suffer from diabetes.
Our Podiatrists and Clinical Biomechanical specialists can treat the following:
- Achilles tendonitis
- Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain, sole of foot pain)
- Knee pain
- Hip pain
- Lower back pain
(where abnormal movement of the feet leads to back problems)
Podiatry and Clinical Biomechanics works very well with other health professionals and in many cases helps speed up recovery.
We also provides a routine chiropody service and a diabetic and rheumatology routine foot check at our chiropody clinic.
Who are the Practitioners?
Physio Logic Ltd employs qualified, registered and experienced professionals who care about the quality of service delivered. The company has rigorous policies and procedures in place in order to support the level of services it provides. This guarantees that all Practitioners are fully qualified and registered with their relevant professional bodies.
Physio Logic are really pleased to announce that the Chiropody treatments are now provided by an extremely professional service managed by Victoria Barnham. Further information can also be found by ringing the Physio Logic reception for further details on 01943 850723.
BSc (Hons) Podiatry, MChS. HCPC reg
- REGISTERED PODIATRIST
Registered with the Health & Care Professions Council
Member of the College of Podiatry
Trained Huddersfield 1999-2002
16 years NHS and private sector experience
Providing generic chiropody and nail surgery services
MSc (Clinical Biomechanics) Grad Dip Phys MCSP HCPC Reg
- MSc CLINICAL BIOMECHANICS with Merit, University of Staffordshire
- CHARTERED PHYSIOTHERAPIST (Registered with the Health and Care Professions Council)
MSc Clinical Biomechanics Module Awards achieved:
- Dissertation: Use of textured midsoles to improve hallux grip strength and balance in healthy, older females: a single-blinded randomised controlled trial – Passed with Merit
- Research Methods and Methodologies Module – Passed with Distinction
- Gait Analysis Module – Passed with Distinction
- Lower Limb Paediatric Pathologies and Therapies Module – Passed with Distinction
- Tissue Stress Module – Passed with Distinction
- The Origins and Principles of Biomechanics Module – Passed
- Critical Appraisal Skills and Research Awareness Module – Passed with Distinction
- Trained: Leeds School of Physiotherapy 1985-1988
- Trained: University of Staffordshire, Department of Clinical Biomechanics 2019-2022
- Interests: Musculo-skeletal, Sports Injuries and Clinical Biomechanics
- Owner & Managing Director of Physio Logic Ltd since its inception as Otley Physiotherapy & Sports Injuries Clinic in March 1994, turning the business into a limited company in 2002.
- Previous posts: Physiotherapist – Pinderfields General Hospital, Wakefield 1988-1990
- Senior Physiotherapist – Wharfedale General Hospital, Otley 1990-2000
- Physiotherapist to Leeds Cougars American Football Team 1988-1990
- Head Physiotherapist to Harrogate Rugby Union Football Club 1992 to 1999
- Head Physiotherapist to National League Division One Otley Rugby Union Football Club (Sept 2001 to May 2009)
Need More Advice on Podiatry?
To enquire about our Podiatry services, please contact the Physio Logic reception. We can also advise you on other forms of treatment such as Physiotherapy, Osteopathy, Chiropody, and Traditional Chinese Medicine.